We are looking for a Level 3 or Level 4 apprentice with the below qualifications that has a keen interest in design and construction.
• For Level 3 (advanced) apprenticeships: have the equivalent of 5 GCSEs, grades A*–C or 9–4, including Maths, Science and English
• For Level 4 apprenticeship: have A levels typically at B,B or a relevant BTEC qualification Merit or above, 5 GCSEs, grades A*–C or 9–4, including Maths, Science and English
• Have a passion for problem solving
• Be interested in construction, engineering and the latest technology
• Work experience (desirable)
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Driving Licence (desirable)
This is a full-time apprenticeship opportunity starting with the McAlpine Design Group in September 2021 based at our Head Office in Hemel Hempstead.
Why join us?
Across the country, you’ll ﬁnd iconic landmarks built by Sir Robert McAlpine. Cornwall’s Eden Project, the Millennium Centre in Wales, Birmingham’s Bull Ring, London’s Emirates Stadium.
By joining us now, you can play your part in delivering the next generation of outstanding projects that will continue our 150-year legacy. Our family-owned business is where to achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain’s future heritage with us.
The CAD Technician apprentice will learn to prepare building and civil engineering construction drawings in line with design requirements and communicate this information clearly and accurately in digital form to the site team and project engineer to enable the construction phase to commence.
The responsibilities that the CAD Technician would work towards would be:
• Preparation of civil, structural and architectural drawings
• Understanding the principles of what is to be achieved and appreciate what is shown on the drawings can be built
• Ability to manage and use 3D design information including civil, structural and architectural models
• Keeping the project on target by hitting CAD deadlines and compliance with standards relating to digital information